Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Suggestions Needed for v3.2 of Schneider's Theatre Design Pro

Author Topic: Suggestions Needed for v3.2 of Schneider's Theatre Design Pro
Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2002 09:23 AM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of you have already downloaded v3.1 of Theatre Design Pro from the Schneider web site. I hope you find the improvements worthwile. Some of them came directly from suggestions made here on this site. We're just now producing the feature list for v3.2 . Now is the right time to make your suggestions for this new version.

Thanks,
Dwight

|  IP: Logged

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 12-10-2002 06:18 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a Mac-friendly version?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-10-2002 06:23 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ky, nothin' fits a MAC! [Big Grin]

That's why I used MAC's as a jackstand for my truck. [evil]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 12-10-2002 06:58 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No suggestions for the software, but it would be nice if Schneider could fix the White Papers page on their website. I am curious what is hidden there!

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2002 10:27 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure not to forget us Drive-In people. When I've tried to tell the lens calculator that my screen is 60x25 with a 335' throw, it usually gives me junk as a result.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 12-11-2002 03:38 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry --- that's a good suggestion. Likewise the need for handling an upward throw, typical of drive-ins.

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2002 09:09 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about calculations for mirror sizes for a periscope system? [Big Grin]
Not that there are that many theaters set up that way or new ones that will purposely be built that way. [Roll Eyes]
Look at the Loews Cineplex Dupont Circle 5 in the picture warehouse if you don't know what I am referring to.
Jonathan

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-12-2002 08:23 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Jon, least you forget that there are also some rear-screen projection systems...like the one I'm working on right now.

As to the Mac version...Get Virtual PC (5 is the current version, I think) and you can run the Schneider program and many PC programs just fine.

One VERY minor bug is if you change the projector name in the "tree" area, it won't change in the details.

For the hard copy output...having the projection angle (in degrees) would be very nice (in text form).

For those with just top or bottom only masking...being able to move the screen center line for particular formats would be nice.

Steve

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2002 11:32 AM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your suggestions. Some of them will definitely be incorporated in v3.2. I appreciate the suggestions I've received so far and would value more. Barry O'Shea found a bug in film formats. In the first release of v3.1 you could edit standard formats (which you should not be able to do) and you could not add new formats. This has been fixed and the new version is now on the web site. There is no version number increment.
Dwight

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: