Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Info on KCS speakers

Author Topic: Info on KCS speakers
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 08:49 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

I'm searching for tech info on some KCS speakers and I cannot found them on Internet.

I'm searching info for the following speakers:

- KCS S8000 series
- KCS S7000 Series
- KCS C118A subwoofer
- KCS C218A Subwoofer
- KCS SR10A and SR12A surround speakers

Can someone help me?

THX!

|  IP: Logged

Les Brock
Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 10:07 AM      Profile for Les Brock   Author's Homepage   Email Les Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,

KCS speakers are part of the Suministros Kelonik company from Barcelona, Spain.

They are a well know projection and sound installation group in Spain.

I have searched but they do not seem to have a web site their contact details are:

Suministros Kelonik S.A. Badajoz 159 bis
Barcelona, 8018 Spain
Tel: 34.93.300.43.61
Fax: 34.93.300.03.15

Regards,

Les.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 11-30-2002 05:54 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,
S-8000 stage speaker is KCS copy of a JBL 5672 3 way unit with the same published specifications - THX approved.
S-7000 is a 3 way system with a dual 15' bass cabinet + midrange short horn + high frequency short horn....crossover points 500HZ / 2.5KHZ 100db minimum average sensitivity / 137db peak output at 1 meter.
C118 is a KCS copy of a JBL 3635 subwoofer with more power handling capability tempered with less sensitivity than JBL so the end result is probably matched between the brands. C218 is the KCS copy of the JBL 4642A dual subwoofer speaker with the same output specification. The KCS weighs 24 KG less than the JBL. THX approved.
SR10A is the KCS version of the JBL 8340A "wood box" surround. THX approved.
SR12A has a 12' woofer with a "baby cheek" tweeter with 1 db more sensitivity and 50% greater peak output versus the SR10A. THX approved.
I have heard all of the above in my travels and have used the SR10A to finish a multiplex project when JBL had some delivery problems last year....just call me an informed supplier of JBL [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: