Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Timed cues on CNA-150

Author Topic: Timed cues on CNA-150
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-28-2002 07:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone out there have a CNA-150 and know how to setup and use the learned cue mode? There is not an ounce of explanation in the manual and the screen on the actual unit is not very clear.

Cue learn mode: manual? auto?

Do I just turn this on for the one show to learn the cues?

What settings do I need to adjust?

How can I go back in and change the actual times of the cues? For example, let's say cue 3 hits at 1 hour 20 minutes and 10 seconds. How can I change that to 1 hour 22 minutes and 0 seconds?

How can I make the automation run with timed cues without running film?

I need to get the automation to handle lights and sound switching when running DLP. Any assistance is appreciated, but please if you do not have a CNA-150 and you have a CNA-200, don't respond as these two units are vastly different.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-28-2002 07:44 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Automatic mode exits Cue-Learn at the end of the show.
Manual mode does not exit automatically, allowing you to check the cue times.
Disable, well disables being able to use the Learned Cues.

I've never used programmed cues on the 150 but my understanding of the manual is that you should be able to hit [MENU] [1] [2] [password] [program number - like 1] [ENTER] then use the number keys to enter a time, then select your sound, lens, and lights from the programming keys in the center of the control panel, then [ENTER] to go to the next cue. You exit edit mode by hitting [PROGRAM EDIT].

The same thing goes for editing a Learned program.

EDIT: Looks like you can skip the MENU, 1, 2 by just hitting the [PROGRAM EDIT] button.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-29-2002 01:16 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl assisted via the chat room this evening and I thought I would add for anyone in the future searching the archives that to do this the "cue learn" mode needs to be activated in the supervisory menu and then follow the instructions he has already detailed above. I was able to just turn on the cue learn mode and fake a show by hitting CUE INPUT every 10 seconds until I got finished, then I hit MENU / 1 / 2 and manually changed the time increments to what I wanted. (It would've been very simple if the manual had bothered to explain this. hint, hint [Wink] )

To get the timed cues to run without film I couldn't simply press "failsafe bypass" though. Fortunately a piece of gaffer's tape wrapped lightly underneath and around the front of the failsafe worked like a charm to fool the failsafe into thinking film was running. (Of course this has to be pulled down and back up to simulate the film run-out, but that's no big deal.)

Thanks Daryl [thumbsup]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-29-2002 02:48 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically you just do the opposite of what the manual says for half of the steps. You've just got to figure out which half. [Smile]

Maybe Strong has some shares in foil-tape companies and they don't want you to use the timed cues. Instead they are just there as a selling point.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: