Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Projector Parts

Author Topic: Projector Parts
Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 09:40 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found a source for many many projector parts. I was at his place today and will post a couple of the pictures that I took. I found everything from Brenkerts laying outside to Motiograph proj and sound head. Also all kinds of Simplex all models and lamphouses. His name is Martin Hill Associates in Midland NC. phone number is 704-455-8512. you can talk to either Matin Hill or his assistant Hank Rhodes.
 -
 -
Martin is a very friendly man and you can spend hours looking over all of the things he has there.
If anyone wishes I will be glad to discuss what I found there just send me a email

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-23-2002 12:38 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

Brenkert parts laying outside? [Frown]

I hope someone buys them before they get ruined. [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-23-2002 12:43 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had a pair of BX-80's of my own. Midland, NC is just too far from Midland, ON for me to travel (or pay to have shipped).

Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 04:29 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an Aladdin’s cave. The Western Electric Universal Base is the model Scott Norwood mentioned in the thread ‘How Old Is Your Oldest Projector?

quote:
Last week, I ran film at a theatre which opened in 1938 and is still using their original Enarc lamps and Western Electric soundheads/bases (the ones with the gearing for Vitaphone turntables).
Perhaps I should contact Martin Hill and request some pictures for The Projected Picture Trust in the UK. [Smile]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 06:22 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy I see a MP30 double head machine sitting there in the first photo [puke]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-23-2002 06:49 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, that's the same model base as one theatre I know of is still using. They don't have the turntables, however. They are a bit cumbersome to thread, but it is difficult to argue with the reliability.

(And if anyone has successfully managed to retrofit these with stereo solar cells, I know that the theatre owner would be interested.)

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 08:54 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin Hill has been around for eons purchasing photo and cinema equipment and is a fair "wheel and deal" trader. He has a website which is being upgraded.
www.martinhill.com
He is the largest owner of Mitchell BNC / BNCR studio cameras + accessories and has rarieties such as Fox Noiseless camera and 70mm studio cameras...a museum and a resource.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-23-2002 09:55 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been there, spent way too much money...........
Mark

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 10:11 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Egad man, hard to get too wound up about Brenkerts when there's such things as an elephant eared VistaVision camera, a 3-strip converted Technirama camera (with 2K magazine and Delrama anamorph), a portable Super Panavision 65mm camera (model HH) with underwater housing and 17mm super wide angle lens (from Ice Station Zebra), an AC (like an FC), and PSR bodies galore. Not that these are necessarily still there.

-

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 02:22 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to give this guy a call. How far is Midland NC from Charlotte?

I am 100 miles from Charlotte.

Bruce

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 03:22 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is just on the outskirts of Charlotte right of 601

Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 06:36 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to get his web page to work or use it other than clicking on what is at the top of the page.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: