Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » INTERLOCK / STRONG PLATTER

Author Topic: INTERLOCK / STRONG PLATTER
Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2002 11:45 PM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you are doing a Interlock with a Strong Platter how whould you thread it?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2002 01:19 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A suggestion: Could you please turn your CAPS LOCK button off?

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2002 02:31 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We thread the payout platter like normal until you come out of the takeup elevator.
At the point that you would go over the two rollers at the top of the tree then to the platter, you go to a roller that you would have either mounted to the wall, or mounted to the top of the tree.
You would have to drill a hole into the top of the tree in order to mount a roller on top of it though.
Then you have rollers along the wall that you would use to go to the second projector.
We are doing interlocks this weekend, so if I can and I have time, I will try to take some pictures for you to see.
Im doing some training on Friday and Im off Saturday, so I may not have time to do it though.
And while Im at it, I may try to get pictures of the rest of the place for the warehouse.

EDIT: Since Brad made mention of makes and models, Ill add that we have the Strong SCDC platters and the automation os controlled through the CNA 200.
All the rest is rollers.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-20-2002 05:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Without knowing the model number of your platter and your specific interlock setup, there really is no definitive answer that can be provided here. Do you know which tech set up the interlock system?

If you have a microswitch Strong platter, I highly recommend you get a large office binder clip to clamp onto the elevator. That way you can fine tune the height setting that the elevator needs to be for precisely enough speed at startup on the feed machine, without any more than it has to have.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: