Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » TIME CHANGER reel 4 replacement

Author Topic: TIME CHANGER reel 4 replacement
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2002 11:01 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else playing this?
We received a new reel 4 today and the note enlcosed said that the "old" reel 4 was deemed out of sync and they requested that we relplace the reel.

We have had no problems with out reel being out of sync, so I called Deluxe and asked them if all reel 4s were affected or just some of them.
The impression that they had was that all reel 4s were like that and that if we were happy with the one we had we couple just leave it and keep the new reel 4 on hand just in case.

I havent had a chance to go in and listen to our reel 4 yet, so I can not say if there actually is a problem with it.
I will try to listen tomorrow.

I am also unsure of the sound formats on the film since I did not build it up, so I do not know what sound format(s) would be affected by this and I forgot to ask when I called.

The strangest part of this whole deal is that the note said to destroy the old reel 4 after it has been replaced.
Iasked Deluxe if this was correct or if they wanted it returned, and I was told that they did not want it back and that we were to destroy it.

So in the end, it looks as if we have a free reel to use at our leisure.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

|  IP: Logged

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-01-2002 09:02 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presumably the sync error is for one of the 4 sound formats and so you have a [gosh, what's the distribution of sound-formats like throughout the industry? I'm sure they're not evenly distributed; but I can pretend.] 25% chance of seeing the problem...

--jhawk

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-02-2002 01:33 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I understand it TIME CHANGERS is playing on 176 screens total. It is a purposeful move, as christian style movies historically do not do to terribly well.

Dave

Glenda Cockrum
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2002 10:40 AM      Profile for Glenda Cockrum   Email Glenda Cockrum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, how did Time Changers do for you? I am talking with R. Christiano about running this some time soon and am wondering what to expect.
It looks really well done? Thanks, Glenda

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2002 10:59 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So in the end, it looks as if we have a free reel to use at our leisure.

We have at least half a dozen reels laying around that have accumulated over the last ten years. You'd think the film companies/exchanges would really want these back.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: