Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ghost Ship

Author Topic: Ghost Ship
Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2002 11:11 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I viewed Ghost Ship last night and the DTS only worked on reels 1 and 4. I called another theater and they were having the same problem with the SDDS. I was just wondering if anyone else had any problems.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-25-2002 11:22 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ours ran thru fine. No problems.

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2002 12:36 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Call the distribuator and request replacement reels.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2002 01:16 AM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
like all the reels have dts problems on mine and i think there is a beep? in the 4th reel !

Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2002 01:13 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally someone replied with the same problem as me. I didn't mention the beep sound before because I was the only one who could hear it. Since I watched it with other employees who didn't know anything about projection, I should have gone with my instincts. Last night I watched it again and it had the same problems. I can't say if it was at the same parts of the movie because I was watching it with a girl after we closed, but I heard the beep every time the DTS kicked out. I know I'm going to get reamed for saying that, but we swithed projectors and had the same problems.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-27-2002 04:26 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the print I just saw, there was a beep between the 1st & 2nd reel change cue marks at the end of reel 1. The rest seemed OK. I'm pretty sure it was running in DTS.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2002 02:06 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched the reel 1/2 changeover so I don't know if our print has the 'beep' or not, but the rest of it runs in DTS just fine.

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2002 04:24 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are hearing a beep at the end of a reel, what you are hearing is the sync pop. At the end of a reel, the timecode address goes to the start of the reel (not sound start, but the very beginning where the sync pop resides). That tells me that the incoming reel either didn't have timecode or the timecode could not be read.

If other films play fine in DTS, then it is a print or disc problem. You should request replacements from the film distribuator.

If you are experiencing problems with all films, then you are having hardware problems that need looking in to.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: