Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SW:EP2 Trailer shipped with a false name (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: SW:EP2 Trailer shipped with a false name
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 08:27 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got my copy of the SW:EP2 trailer from National Screen. And It's shipped under a false name. Didn't half confuse me when I opewn the box. I'm assuming its just not a mix up of the identifying band since the only film with the false name is from 1939.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-20-2002 08:37 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, Michael. Now I know what to look for the next time I hijack a Securicor lorry, and can flog the trailers on eBay to whatever anorak-clad saddos are prepared to give me $150 apiece!

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 08:46 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm not giving away what the false name is!

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 10:01 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your not talking about "Black Eyes" are you?

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 11:11 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I assume that you are talking about the IMAX version of the trailer? How does it look?

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 11:30 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. I'm a second run student cinema.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-20-2002 12:46 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, you win. Tell me what the title is and we'll split the proceeds!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 01:42 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Episode I trailers were titled Box Lunch and She Stood Alone. The movie itself was labeled Perfect Timing on the box it shipped in.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-21-2002 08:53 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This practice of marking feature and trailer prints with other titles is a product of Mr. Lucas's inflated ego and paranoia the size of a Mack truck, thinking his films are the culminating work of the 20 and 21st centuries that everyone in the world is hell-bent on stealing his trailers. Perfect example of the delusional mind that some good, long term therapy wouldn't help.

Imagine if every studio decided to take up this practice. Everyone get your title translation sheets out.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2002 12:51 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SW EP 2 shipped here as "Daddy"

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-22-2002 02:32 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Idiotic. This is a subrun picture. It's already been bootleged; no one wants to bootleg it at this point in time except in George's head.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2002 12:27 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All our trailers and prints of Episode 1 were labeled with the correct titles when they came. The shipping lables had the false name (i.e. "She Stood Alone" for the one-sheets which were wrapped in a bunch of Anna & The King ones.) but everything else was labled right.

Shipping boxes (those grey quassi-plastic ones with the huge FOX logo on them) were just labled "SW EP 1"

=TMP=

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-22-2002 12:34 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess Fox had had enough of George's BS.

Brian Tristam Williams
Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2002 07:47 PM      Profile for Brian Tristam Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Tristam Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Daddy Longlegs" over here - Even the SDDS title ID was renamed.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-23-2002 12:00 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decoy titles are very common for early previews, especially with Sony.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: