Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ultra Stereo's BACP DSTR SRD reader

Author Topic: Ultra Stereo's BACP DSTR SRD reader
Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2002 03:30 AM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of these on loan from Ultra Stereo (They saved my ass) and since they have over 300 already made I wondered if anyone on this site has had one longer than me (2 days) and what they have experienced.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-07-2002 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have installed about 30 of them total, no failures at all. No real problems to speak of except for an odd thing the other day. In this installation we were using the existing in base exciter supplies to run them. Found out that the Ballantyne Pro 35 power supplies are way to high of no load DC voltage and on pluging in one of the cards it blew. BACP reccomends no more than 15 volts DC into them!! Watch out there. Other than that experience I can only say good things about them. Faster installation, slick LED replacement, signal presence LED's, etc. IMHO, this is definately the state of the art in reverse scanners these days.
Mark @ Claco

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2002 05:03 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We too have had good experiences with them, using the power supply derived from the CP500 (Da20 or CP650). What's the advantage of powering the unit from other sources ? Dolby are OK with the unit, plus it saves a lot of wiring and an extra MCB + cable run

Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2002 08:50 PM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have two of them and the first ones were installed in May I believe. I say the first ones because we have sent four of them back. One of them ran fine for about three months and then crapped out. The other three went out pretty quick. Our new ones are second generation to my understanding. So far we have had no problems. They do track very well though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: