Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Smart MOD VI

Author Topic: Smart MOD VI
Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2002 09:24 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a problem and lost a show tonight. Could anyone be of help. We started the movie and the sound was ok. About 20 minutes into the film we had a couple of loud pops and the sound went out. We have no sound at all including no non-sync. I checked the power supply going into the back of the unit and the + - 15 volts is there. When you unplug the 15 volt power supply you do get the loud bang like a discharge sound. Any help would be great. You could reach me at 910-792-1084 I will be glad to call you back. It is 10:22 est and I will be here for another hour at least. Just ask for Fitz.
Thanks guys

------------------
Fitz

|  IP: Logged

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2002 06:25 AM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I did not see this post last night, or I would have called you.

First, did you try placing the unit in backup mode? If so, was the sound restored? I am guessing you did not try this since you say you lost a show. Backup mode bypasses everything except the preamps, so unless the preamps went bad, you should have been able to get by in backup.

My guess is that the matrix went out based on the description of your problem. I am assuming you do not have a digital player running in this screen, but if you do, were you playing in digital at the time?

Please give me a call this morning at 1-800-457-6278 and we will try to get you back up and running ASAP.

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-06-2002 06:56 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were any of the indicator lights on the front lit

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2002 03:36 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to Oscar and we are trying the matrix board. We did get it to go into bypass. The backup wire on the power srip had come loose. Gordon there was lights on the front and inside the board. Hopefully the matrix board will do the trick I should have it in the morning and will let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks

------------------
Fitz

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: