Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film-Tech recycling program (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Film-Tech recycling program
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-03-2002 05:53 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Has your booth amassed a mountain of those plastic coupling cores that come with FilmGuard and Film-Tech media pads? A lot of requests for some form of recycling program for those cores have been coming in over the months, so we're going to do a 9 month test run starting right now. Pack 'em up, save the planet and get free stuff in return!  -

Click the "FilmGuard" button in the nagivational menu on the left side of your screen and follow the link for more info. Be sure to check the link from time to time, as minor policy changes and other offers may sneak up as this is fine tuned.  -

Of if you want to take a shortcut, you can just click here.

|  IP: Logged

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 09-12-2005 01:00 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1104 days since the last post.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-12-2005 01:00 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been doing this for 3 years now, and although it has gotten a good response, I have a feeling many people are not aware of the program so I'm bumping it to the top of the forum.

BTW, congrats to AMC, as they have clearly been the biggest participants in recycling these cores. [thumbsup]

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has your booth amassed a mountain of those plastic coupling cores that come with FilmGuard and Film-Tech media pads?
Yes. Yes it has. We've got about a full box and a half.
Not yet enough to send in though [Frown]

It's a great thing though that you're doing this.

--dom

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2005 10:13 PM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm the only one in my area that sends them in at all.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 04-12-2007 01:50 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 572 days since the last post.

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2007 01:50 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Brad you are ignoring me (film-guard)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-12-2007 02:35 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess so since I have no idea what you are talking about.

Joseph Matteo
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2007 04:43 PM      Profile for Joseph Matteo   Email Joseph Matteo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok,what to do with all the empty film guard bottles i have 23 sitting around with nothing to do. [Confused]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 09-16-2007 11:10 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Clean them out well, relabel them, use to contain cleaner that need spraying.

2) Recycle them
2a) Depending on where you live, you might have government regulations on recycling something with these chemicals inside.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-17-2007 01:12 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..yes, they're probably labelled "2" for HDPE .. standard recycle material..

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2007 02:05 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how Chris's first suggestion would work with OSHA regulations. At the very least you would not be able to use hand made labels. Better just to buy new bottles or order pre-labeled cleaning bottles from your suppliers. Its safer, adheres to government regulations, and isn't that expensive.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2007 05:13 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Dustin. Most companies have policies that prohibit mixing chemicals or using a container that perviously housed one chemical for a different one, no matter how thoroughly the container has been cleaned. Spray bottles like that aren't terribly expenive.

Recycling seems your best option.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-17-2007 05:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
They are sold in quart bottles because if we sold it in bulk then we would have a dual inventory to deal with. Furthermore many of the typical spray bottles like you might buy at a Home Depot don't have a sprayer or bottle made out of a material that is suitable for the chemical composition. Trust me when I say it doesn't add any cost to the final product anyway.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 09-17-2007 08:06 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re dual inventory: SR, A, and CDS versions, please! [Cool]

--jhawk

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: