Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP-65 selector switch won't stay selected

Author Topic: CP-65 selector switch won't stay selected
Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2002 12:43 PM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the DTS or SRD kicks in I watch the processor switch from A to Dolby digital for a split second and then jumps back to A because it is set up as the back up for loss of digital. When I manually press the digital button I have to press down and in so the button stays stuck in the selected position. Do I need to solder a new button into the processor or would contact cleaner fix my problem?

Thanks, Mike

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-26-2002 02:17 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the automation is holding the sound format pulse. Does it "let go" if you disconnect the automation wire?

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2002 06:08 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First try unplugging the DTS player's AUTOMATION connector to see if that frees the button. If it does, please send me an email.

If it does not, then try unplugging the automation. If that does not help, give Dolby a call.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: