Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP65 Help

Author Topic: CP65 Help
Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2002 03:03 AM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a problem with my automation system and my CP 65. It was working properly yesterday and today it started acting up. When my "end of show" automation runs through, it's supposed to shut my douser and turn up the Aux sound again in the theatre. Instead of doing that, it remains on SR or DD and you can hear the "excess noise" as the tail of the film runs through the projector. Does anyone have any idea of what my problem might be? I'm using a Component Engineering TA-10 automation system with my projector.

Any help would be appreciated!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 07:28 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's start with the basics. Is the end of show cue picking up at all (dowser closing)? Presuming yes, have you verified the automation wiring to the CP-65's AUX select so it can pulse it into that mode? Perhaps a wire came off the back?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-22-2002 08:09 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it switching to non-sync and then switching back to 05 or 10 or is it remaining in 05 or 10 without even trying to switch formats?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 08:56 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have DTS playing by chance it is possible that the player is still seeing timecode after the pulse to nonsynce and when it runs out it reverts to SR
Also open the automation and try using a jumper to mimick the shutdown pulse that should send the processor to nonsync and see what happens
If it works with a jumper it is in the automation if not try it on the back of the processor
If it works at the back of the processor then it is the wireing between the two
If not it is the logic in the cp65

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2002 10:04 AM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look at the 3 red led's on the fm35 reader and see if your intermission cue is being read at the end of the feature. See if the led's that light up (inboard,center,outboard)matchup with your intermission cue. We need more info, are your lights coming up? Is your douser closing?

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 10:23 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off we need to no what type of failsafe you are using. No where in this thread does it mention an FM35. Check all your automation switches make sure everything is set correctly and like mentioned above check your cues.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 10:50 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A TA-10 without an FM-35 attached is like a car without the correct tires
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 10:53 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
never worked with a TA-10 so I was not aware of that.

Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2002 12:10 PM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, talk about a quick reply. Thanks guys!

First off, it is reading the automation correctly because the douser is closing and the machine does shutdown after the runthrough is complete. It is only the sound which does not switch back to AUX.

I will take a look at the wiring to the AUX automation jumper on the back of the CP65 although I can't believe that would be it since no one EVER touches the back of the sound units. And, there is no DTS reader, all 18 screens are DD (14 with CP65, 4 with CP45)

Thanks again!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-22-2002 12:25 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you should contact your service engineer before proceeding to much farther

Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 08-23-2002 02:04 AM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contacting the service guys isn't the problem. The problem is that Cineplex has cut down their staff so much that they're running through the whole Ontario for repairs. I know that they could fix this problem in a second, once our name comes up on the list again.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 08-23-2002 05:05 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you have a few options.....

1. Manually switch the format before the machine tails out to prevent the noise....

Or 2. Turn off the analog reader power supply so that when the machines tails out, it wont make any noise, because the digital tracks do not contain all that rubbish that the analog tail does. Done it many times.

Josh

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: