Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Rating of a trailer Vs rating of the feature presentation

Author Topic: Rating of a trailer Vs rating of the feature presentation
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 04:17 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Feature info and trailer attachments,
Topic: Crocodile Hunter- Collision Course

quote:
Don Anderson wrote:
Had to laugh at the Die Another Day trailer being attached to a PG film. But, I suppose the kids didn't catch the total nudity of the butts. I thought that we would get a few complaints about a very sexy adult themed trailer being attached to a family film.

As I gather in america trailers come in only 2 ratings: G and R.

So I assume that you try to program suitable G rated trailers for G or PG films.

In terms of Die Another Day, what rating are we expecting. Something like UK '12' USA 'PG-13' ?

---
On another note:
Has anyone else in the UK noticed that the BBFC is now starting to use the proper BBFC certificate logos on trailers? I.e with the background formed from a patten of the letters BBFC, instead of just the plain background.

|  IP: Logged

Arthur Allen
Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 01:45 PM      Profile for Arthur Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think MGM has enough movies to choose from to make sure a family film trailer goes on a family film.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-15-2002 02:16 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it funny that people forget that James Bond films are a staple here in the US. Having a trailer attached for it to the croc hunter is not laughable at all, considering that the Bond Films are PG-13, and croc is PG.

The only time I had a complaint about a movie trailer is the one for Black Knight with Martin Lawrence. They were complaining because it depicts two people who arent married in bed together. Remember I am in Utah.

I have always tried to make sure the same fare of trailer matches the fare of movie it is attached to. I wouldn't advertise From Hell on Jimmy Nuetron, nor vice versa, but I would advertise Jay and Silent Bob on American Pie, or perhaps Solaris on Men In Black 2.

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: