Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New SDDS website (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New SDDS website
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-11-2002 04:55 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SDDS have completely renovated their website and added a number of downloads. Check out it at www.sdds.com.
Michael

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-11-2002 05:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time. Unfortunately they did not keep the list of movies with SDDS on the site. The site is nicely laid out though and finally...it loads fast!

Also, why oh why must people use cheezy animated gifs that are not accurate? Anyone who has been working with film for any length of time knows the reel depicted is a 16mm Tayloreel, and there is no such thing as 16mm SDDS.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 05:56 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

Antonio

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 07:21 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, why does Sony charge for their trailers!?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 09:15 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad-- I've often gotten irritated when firms such as movie theaters, film companies and even equipment manufacturers have a cartooney-like strip of 35mm film in their ads or what not with the perfs in random order, instead of 4 per frame. If these are companies that are supposed to be working with film, why not make their artwork "anatomically correct"?

=TMP=

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 09:44 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The listing of SDDS movies is now under News and Information.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 10:02 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would have been nice to see list of those theatres with SDDS ,especially those equipped for 8 channel

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-11-2002 12:34 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony charges for their trailers because they simply do not make enough money. Sony pulls in less a year than you do and they gotta make up all that loss somewhere. Be thankful that Sony products are always incredibly cheap. It is because of you paying for these trailers that they are able to offer every single one of their products at ridiculously low prices. Doesn't it just make you want to buy a ton of SDDS units?

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 02:24 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not really.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-11-2002 03:24 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don`t all manufacturers charge you for the logo trailers? Have I missed something? Do dts and Dolby give them away for free?
Michael

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 03:25 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Its a refreshing to see the site with a new look.I wish the trailers could would work on the site. I have heard really good presestations from SDDS but its been a while since i have. I would like to hear one of brads presentations in his screening room.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 07-11-2002 06:38 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK, DTS and Dolby supply trailors to equipped houses. collectors, on the other hand, have to pay about $70 a piece for them. Its been a while since I checked.

Josh

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 07:16 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We at DTS give away our logo trailers free of charge for DTS cinema customers. The theater must have a DTS system installed and once they do, they can get free logo DTS trailers.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 09:55 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby also supplies their trailers free of charge to cinemas with Dolby equipment. There is an order form that comes in the manual pack with each processor. I think you can also download the form from their website.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-12-2002 07:57 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A large tech-savvy company like Sony ought to know better than to place white text over a white background.

As for the trailers...

Dolby allots a free set of trailers annually for each Dolby-equipped house. According to the literature, this program may differ somewhat for those of you in the U.S.A.

Karen, does DTS give free trailers on an annual basis? Obviously, they don't want us running the trailers into the ground...Do they figure on giving us fresh replacements on a regular basis?

Joe - You are KIDDING, right!? SDDS is the most expensive system of all.

~Manny.

"He makes me laugh."
--Jessica Rabbit, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: