Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Can you help ID this unknown part?

Author Topic: Can you help ID this unknown part?
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-05-2002 05:43 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

The manager said she found it on the floor in the booth. But she did not say where she found it. Naturally, I can't contact her!!!!!

This booth is a complete Christie booth. Right down to the last nut and bolt.

Brad thought he had it identified, but after I checked, it was similar, but not the right one.

Can you help?

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-05-2002 07:28 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A gentleman who is a FT lurker identified the part for me. He suggested it is the Christie Sound Head Airpot stop. So, I looked at all machines, and sure enoung, that was indeed what it was, from House No. 3.

The bolt was still in the bracket, so I presume that was "extra parts" from the tech who replaced them.

David, thank you for the keen eye. I appreciate it. Please come and join us on Film-Tech...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-05-2002 07:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
YES! That's definitely what it is. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Damn.

This David guy needs to come join us.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-05-2002 07:41 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....and, thank you Brad for posting my drawing so quickly.

Film-Tech brings results!!!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-05-2002 08:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a slightly different but positive note in the same realm, After the last Christie booth I installed I found countless parts under each projector after about a weeks time. The booth guys just kept picking them up and putting them in a box.......things still ran ok though so we assumed they fell into the machines during assembly.
Mark @ GTS

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2002 09:36 PM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that every time I do a really complicated repair, I end up with extra parts.

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2002 10:36 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Paul, my mistake. Rather tired, after a long road trip, i glanced at your photo and was ready to identify the part as a Shopsy's weiner.

Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2002 10:43 PM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the same way I figured out what that is except I slid on it. Every thing in booth has its place, especially things that end up on the floor.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-06-2002 12:34 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the manager said she found it sitting on top the failsafe. Now I ask myself the question, "How come I didn't see it laying there for the last six months?"

Nobody else saw it there, either. And, we keep those machines spotlessly clean.

Maybe it was kicked under the machine and someone dragged it out while retrieving a suction cup that flung off a platter. Sometimes I am surprised about some of the crap I find under the machines.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-06-2002 12:39 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John and Mark:

I Usually come up with a "shortage" of parts when I re-assemble things. And, I never find where they went, especially the "Jesus Pins"......

Mark - you talk about countless parts...kind of reminds me of the Harley Hogs I had. I park it, and come back, and more often than not, I find a strange bolt or nut laying under it. I never worried about it too much because Harley has a Master Bolt. A Hog can lose a million nuts and bolts and nothing happens.....until the master bolt falls out. Then the Harley just disintegrates into a big pile of oil saturated iron, plastic, and aluminum rubble.

Manuel, is your email address correct?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: