Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Brenkert History - Robert Sprague (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Brenkert History - Robert Sprague
Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2002 12:09 PM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those of you who have been receiving monthly issues of Robert Sprague’s “News and Views” – historical information on the Brenkert Light Projection Company of Detroit are aware that he is considering abandoning his project due to apparent lack of interest. Robert has indeed done a tremendous amount of research on the Brenkert Company, and I must say, has a wonderful collection of company literature.

One of the problems with continuing his project is the postal increase. Robert doesn’t have a computer, and thus everything goes via snail-mail. I just sent Robert a sheet of 37 cent stamps to help cover my share of his mailings. Might I suggest others who have enjoyed and benefited from his efforts do the same? Also, I’m sure he would appreciate any notes of encouragement.

If you need Robert’s mailing address, please e-mail me.

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 06-30-2002 01:00 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Idea.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-30-2002 01:28 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, indeed. Josh or Jeff, please send me that address.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-30-2002 03:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would really like to see all of Robert's work posted in a special section here on Film-Tech at some point. It would be wonderful if it were made available to all who visit this excellent site.
Mark @ GTS

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-30-2002 05:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, explain the website to him next time you speak with him and I will gladly make a section for his publishings in the manual section if he gives permission. All I would need is single sided photocopies of his work and I'll scan them into pdf files for the world to be able to access.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2002 05:26 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad:

That's an excellent idea! I would definitely love to see a section of film-tech devoted to the details of the Brenkert company.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-30-2002 06:26 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely online is the way to go.

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 11:59 AM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can, Please send me Robert's address also! I would like to get the newsletter!! Thanks!!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-07-2014 07:00 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 4406 days since the last post.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2014 07:00 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy collecting vintage projector advertisements. I just picked up the agenda for the 1946 RCA/Brenkert Annual Sales Meeting Nov 5th -10th in Toledo, Ohio. I'll see if I can scan and post.

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2014 01:27 PM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Brenkert; 35mm Telecine Projectors are kind of rare unless you've worked in TV Stations. I have only seen one 35mm Telecine Projector in person and that was a version of a SIMPLEX XL which I saw decades ago in Los Angeles; Station KTLA

Doing a little research on BRENKERT and I find that they Mfgerd a 35mm Telecine model back in 1947 called the BX90.Has anyone ever seen one of these or used one. I don't remember anyone in TV Ever mentioning Brenkert as far as Telecine Projectors go. These would have to be pretty rare and probably short run Production Units...

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-10-2014 02:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up here most major markets had a 35 and 16mm telecine chain the popular was the Eastman825 for 16mm and the XL for 35
There were several that had phillips fp20 with modified movements
later many got the RCA "electronic projector"

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2014 03:42 PM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon; I think you meant Eastman 285. It has the same 8 Star Geneva Intermittent that my Model 30 has. 5 Blade Shutter,Lens, and Cabintry differ from the 30/40. I have 2 Brandnew Service Manuals(still in Kodak box) for the 285 if anyone happens to be looking for one...

-
Eastman 285 16mm Telecine Projector

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-13-2014 12:46 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sad thing about the telecine Eastman's is they can not be converted at all for regular screening use. They are only good for the film path parts and that's about it.

The Eastman 25 still rules as the king of 16mm projectors though.

Mark

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2014 01:23 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a brenkert telecine they were prevalent and were sold with many RCA broadcast packages. Its a modified BX-80 (with sych motor controlled shutter and special intermittent)on a modified MI-9030 (3 phase synch motor and gearbox)Using a dual incandescent lamp and 6000ft reel capacity. Has the 1940's style custom base with chrome 'RCA Television'logos too!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: