Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » TES- Never Early

Author Topic: TES- Never Early
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 07:15 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week our Airborne delivery guy told me he caught hell for delivering our prints early. Seems he made the unconscionable mistake of dropping off our prints at 11:30AM. Our delivery window is 12-2PM. According to him, TES called the depot and raised the dickens with his boss, telling him under no circumstances were the prints to be delivered early. Cardinal sin!! No problem if the prints were late, however. Being early was far worse.

We are in a mall, and our guy starts deliveries in the mall at around 10:00AM, and makes us his last drop before he leaves. Not last week. After he received his repremand he showed up after 1:00PM, explaining that he had to leave the mall, make other deliveries, and then return to the mall with our prints, just so he would not be early!!

Kind of hard to believe. Does TES have a "delivery Nazi" who watches out for early Airborne deliveries?

No problem, however. I simply called and asked to have our window changed to 10:00AM-12Noon. Today I talked to our deivery guy, and he will now make us his first stop, so I'll get the prints just after 10:00AM. Then, on Fridays, he will pick them up by making us his last stop before he leaves the mall. This actually works better for both of us, so thanks, TES, for raising hell. You unwittingly did us both a favor!

I know others may not be so fortunate to be able to change their window, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with "early" deliveries?

|  IP: Logged

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same thing happen to me at my previous theatre. The driver ended up almost getting fired because he dropped the print off early when technicolor called him to complain.

I can understand the delivery window rule that Technicolor has, they want to ensure that the print is securely delivered.

What we ended up doing to solve the problem is that we got into Technicolor's keyholder program (airborne had a key to our door for deliveries and we had a barcode on the wall that Airborne could scan and I had Technicolor set our delivery time for as early as was convenient for them and for Airborne and we ended up having the prints there before the first person got there in the morning.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-27-2002 07:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John H.:

If your Airborne guy starts delivering at 10:00, why not just call TES and have your window changed to 10:00 - 12:00?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-27-2002 07:26 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to be missing TES's point, John. The fact is (yes, FACT) that if any theater anywhere gets prints early, even just a half an hour, the prints WILL be copied and pirated versions WILL show up on the internet. I'm sure this has been the case with every print you have ever received half an hour early. The only known way to prevent piracy of any kind is to deliver the prints either in the delivery window, late, or perhaps not at all. This stops all piracy.

Do not ever question TES again. They know what they are doing. All employees must exceed an IQ of 56 to work there. Management must exceed an IQ of 60! They have their reasons, and they do not need to explain them nor are they able to do any wrong.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: