Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trailers (ordering?)

Author Topic: Trailers (ordering?)
Brent Arnold
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 07:38 PM      Profile for Brent Arnold   Email Brent Arnold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our theatre orders films through swank(dont send me too much hate, I didnt choose that), therefore we do not get any trailers cased.

How would we go about ordering some trailers?

(personally I dont want them, but the "manager" wants them) I know I order them from each distributuion company but I cant find any contact names, numbers, or e-mail addresses.

Or, can Swank order them for me?

If anyone can help, that would be great.

What I really want is some old trailers (from films from like the 1950s... but where can I order those) or intros from the 50s or 60s would be fun also.

Actually I am a little slow to get information on this but the manager wants the trailers by Juune 3rd (go figure) so if you can respond quickly, that would be great!

Thanks.

-Brent
brenta[at]treetops[dot]org

|  IP: Logged

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 09:00 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're looking for older trailers, i can't help you. But if its new stuff, then here you go:

Technicolor handles most of the distributors (Buena Vista, Artisan, DreamWorks, MGM, Lions Gate, Miramax, USA, Universal, Warner Bros, Sony / Columbia): 1-909-974-2290 for Ad materials. You'll have to have an account number for them, but i'm sure they can walk you through setting it up. Once that happens, you can go to exhibitor.technicolor.com to browse.

Fox (www.foxexhibitor.com)ad materials is 1-800-369-0010
Paramount 1-818-380-7840
New Line 1-310-967-6913

Some of those phone numbers might be Pacific NorthWest area contacts, so your part of the country might have a different contact person. But its a start

-adam

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-26-2002 02:50 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the key is to order early and often! Technicolor always backorders trailers, but if you get in there the day they're available, you can do pretty well.

A guy from Warner Bros. told me last week that "99%" (his number) of all the trailers made are earmarked to go into the cans with prints, so that doesn't leave many for ordering.

In better news, we have good luck with Sony trailers and other promo items. Order from their website www.sonypicturesreleasing.com.

Fox and Universal have websites too - www.foxexhibitor.com -- and www.exhibitorrelations.com which you can order materials from, but Uni's is not updated frequently enough, and Fox makes you go thru the hassle of entering your theatre info every time, and makes you jump thru hoops to find out what materials are available for a given picture.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 05:26 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swank

Is that not 16mm ??

Brent Arnold
Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 05:27 PM      Profile for Brent Arnold   Email Brent Arnold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael-

They do both 35mm, and 16mm.... They even do DVD and VHS.

-Brent

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-28-2002 11:41 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of Swank's 35mm prints are so chopped up that you can use the print itself as a trailer! Just kidding; they do own some prints and on occasion, you can get one in mint conditions. And I say "one" literally -- the only one I ever got in condition that rivals first run prints was WEST SIDE STORY -- it looked and sounded so good that I now have a soft spot for Swank -- even MGM's prints didn't compare to this one Swank print.

TES freely admits they only have trailers for pictures that are less than two years old, and I am betting that is a VERY liberal number.

Frank

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: