Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica V5 alarms

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica V5 alarms
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2002 01:50 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

During summer I'm going to build an useful device for our theater. Our Cinemeccanica V5 and our endless Kinoton platter are wires so that it is impossibile, in case of failure, know where is the problem. We have just a generic "alarm" condition.

Since we are experiencing some strange problems (the projector stops without reason) I would like to have all the sensor's cable passing throw some relais that, when the failure happens, stop the projector AND light a led. So that every fault can be traced.

Can someone help me on Cinemeccanica V5? Where are all the possibile alarm's wires in the projector?

Bye
Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2002 02:50 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you can help me with the stops: we found that it is the projector stopping and not the platter.
Every time, when trying to start it again, the lamp has some difficult to strike (it is a brand new osram lamp).

Is it possibile that something with the lamp circuitry has some problem or that lamp switch off during projection.

Suggestions, ideas?

Bye
Antonio

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 06-04-2002 09:05 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about this for awhile, but I didn't know what to suggest because I believe the V5's made for us here in the USA may be very different from models made for Europe and/or Italy.

The wiring for *just* the V5 (at least for the USA market) seems very simple; there's not much to wire to. If I was doing this for myself, I would need to get the wiring drawings (schematics) for the projector, the lamp, the automation and the platter. I would look at how it all should work, then design something to show individual problems. Do you have all the wiring drawings?

A temporary way to trace the problem might be this: rather than design circuits with relays, how about simply buying small regular lamps, and wire them in various places in the projector and automation? For example; connect a lamp across the motor contacts and see if it is on the next time the motor stops. That will tell you the motor is getting power, but the motor's thermal protection device is what shuts off the motor. Connect another lamp across the coil of the relay the makes the motor run. Then you know if the automation is what stopping the motor.

When you find the problem it's easy to take away all the lamps.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: