Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP500 change to proj. 2

Author Topic: CP500 change to proj. 2
German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2002 07:44 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working in a 4 screen theatre with platter system. One month ago the CP500 of the screen 3 change automatically to P2 but I don't have a "P2". I turned it to bypass and nothing happened. I had to turn off the rack's breaker. The connections are all ok and that just happened once and no more. Could it be caused by mother board's low batery charge? What's the way to return to P1 via software?

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-01-2002 08:44 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have that jumper in place that always selects projector 1? (check the installation manual for details)

As for selecting projectors manually, you can assign a paticular format to a particular projector. I know that you can do this with a user-defined format, but I don't remember how to do it with the standard formats. There's no quick way to select projectors on the front panel like on the CP-200 (or CP-50 with manual switch card), though. Normally, the changeover works by opening or closing a switch (usually a button on each projector will control a single external relay which is connected to the c/o input on the Dolby box).

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 06-01-2002 09:05 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
German,
how old is your processor and what version are you running?
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2002 04:04 PM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scott, the jumper is correctly set, the target is projector 1.

Hi Mr. Fowler,
The version is 1.61 and the realese date is 6/15/1999. The theatre is one year and 11 months old. Saludos.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2002 08:40 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was something in a Dolby field bulletin some time ago about this. Random changoevoer in optical formats. You had to carry out some mods to the system board if my memory serves me right.

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2002 08:51 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
German,

Pete and Randy were kind enough to help me out with a similar problem. Search the posts for;

"CP-500 Looking For Projector 2"

Date: 05 - 21 -2001

As of this moment, it is on Page 55, using the links at the bottom of the forum page.

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2002 04:46 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rick and Pete, I'll check it as soon as I can. I got FB217

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: