Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Rick McKallum heard what Soderbergh said or viceversa

Author Topic: Rick McKallum heard what Soderbergh said or viceversa
Miguel Angel Martorell
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2002 06:10 PM      Profile for Miguel Angel Martorell   Email Miguel Angel Martorell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no time to translate what he said (I´ve got it in spanish) but basically he says the same, digital is the best, that after 2 or 3 shows the film gets scratched, etc. but this guy goes beyond...

He says all the people who bought the Episode 1 dvd probably heard and see this film better in his house than in a theatre cause dvd is a digital format.

I have no words.....only Rick, kiss my a##.

here is the address to the spanish translation
http://pub32.ezboard.com/fmundodvd43132frm6.showMessage?topicID=3656.topic

|  IP: Logged

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2002 07:44 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Muchos gracias, Miguel,
For your link to the interesting MundoDVD website!
I note the responses there favor a return to films shot and projected in 70mm, rather than digital, similar to the majority Film-tech response, even though the Spanish website is for DVD fans.
Going up one level, there is a wide range of Cinema topics there.
Gerard

David Baum
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2002 07:56 AM      Profile for David Baum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
incredible. how can this be accepted ? the PHANTOM MENACE dvd looks baaaaaddddddd, plagued with artefacts, EE galore, unatural look and a dolby digital that is cooked down severely compared to the Japanse thunderous beautiful AC3 soundtrack!!! ( but since it would blow off the little systems of Joe6packs, the mix was toned down 7-10dB on the dvd ! all this has been proven ).

we want 70mm back or work digital with KODAK and JVC, who at least try to digitally emulate the best that the argentic can produce.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: