Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dead Christie AW3 deck

Author Topic: Dead Christie AW3 deck
Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2002 12:11 PM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this deck would work sporadically, I changed the LED intensity card because there was too much flucuation in the pots. It worked fine for a day now the deck won't work at all! I changed the LED control sensor assembly...nothing, I swapped the motor conrol card from a working deck...nothing, I changed the old motor with a brand new one..nothing. I noticed that the control sensor assembly I put in had a green LED I have never seen these before, would this cause any problems? Do you guys think it might be the resistor? It's practically the only thing I haven't replaced.

Thanks, Mike

|  IP: Logged

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2002 04:32 PM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had one of ours die also. Turned out it was the make-up selector switch. Just a thought.
John

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-25-2002 10:08 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it work when you control it from the makeup table?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-25-2002 10:34 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get mad at me for asking but does the platter have power going to it at all?

I had a theatre call me up, saying that their platter was dead. I couldn't get to them for a couple days because I was way at the other end of my territory, handling another crisis. I had them change out several parts to no avail.

Finally I had to cut loose from my current location and go there.
I checked everything only to find that there was no power. This particular unit was hard wired to the power supply through the console. As it turned out, somebody had gone into the bottom of the colsole (Christie) to change a diode. When there were rooting around in there, they accidentally knocked a wire loose... the wire that feeds power to the platter.

They were a house down for two days, all for the lack of a couple of wire nuts and some electrical tape!

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2002 12:08 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
try the diode block behind the moter socket.

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: