Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trouble with CP-500

Author Topic: Trouble with CP-500
Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2002 02:49 PM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I am having major problems with one of our CP-500's. I am hoping some of you can give me some help with it.

The problem starts after boot up. I am getting the following message on the screen, "Some modules have failed, trying to reload". Also, I am unable to enable SR-D in the settings menu. After reading the error log, I find that errors are listed as: Cat 671 Slot J16 & J17 have failed, also, Cat. 675 in Slot J-20 have failed. So, I have been running in SR only. But here's the kicker, If I leave the front door open after boot up for about 2 min. the system resets and allows me to run in SRD. The error level is running about 2. to 3. which for us is great. But, if I close the front cover, within 5 mins it will give me the "modules failed message" and it switches back into SR. and sometimes it will go into Mono. If I try and engage the SR-D it gives me a error message of "NOT READY" I have checked and the two fans mounted in the front cover are running and moving air.

Anyone got any ideas? Are we having a over heating problem?

|  IP: Logged

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2002 09:42 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try swapping power supplies with a known good unit and see if the problem goes with the supply.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2002 04:04 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check not just the fans, but the air slots in the door and back of the chassis, you'll be amazed at teh crap that comes out of there!
Remove each car and carefully dust it off too.
I've never seen one overheat, but then it's a good deal cooler here.

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2002 07:46 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I had a problem like this in Japan a few months ago, mine was the SR-D stop working unless you kept the door open & the SR-D would work, the video card cat.# 670 was getting hot & shutting down, replacing with a new card solve the problem...if you have another CP-500, swap cards with another CP-500 one at a time until the bad card is found, also check (by touching) each card to see if one is heating up..if it does...bingo there is the problem....also listen to what the front panel error notice is telling you, sound like more than one card has failed....good luck !!

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2002 11:33 AM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Don for the information. The cards were swapped with another CP-500 and the Cat.670 card was bad. A new one will be ordered. Once again, thanks for the help.

Bob

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: