Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Xenon Igniters

Author Topic: Xenon Igniters
William Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2002 12:02 PM      Profile for William Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email William Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive got an IREM ASN700A igniter in my Vic 5 CX21H lamphouse, on the side of the igniter there are 4 holes. These holes are next to the block of spark gaps, (there is a rectangular plastic block with 4 gaps). Has anybody else seen this type of ignite (its a single pulse type) and if so do you know what the holes are for. The only thing I can think of is so as you can see the gaps can geting full of dirt. I`ve got an older AS-16040a igniter sitting on the shelf, it uses the same type of gaps but this does not have any viewing holes. Any idears??

|  IP: Logged

William Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2002 12:30 PM      Profile for William Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email William Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another one: Can anyone see any reason not to cover up the holes to stop dirt getting in. They are about 4-5 inches away fron the main blower, so they get a good supply of dust and fluff etc.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: