Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ??? for Joe Redifer

Author Topic: ??? for Joe Redifer
Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2002 11:26 AM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading that you have your intake and exhaust fan in your SLC lamphouses wired to a time delay relay so after the switch/breaker is turned off the fans will continue to run for 10 min.

I would like to know exactly how you did this and what sort of relay you are using. Does the delay only happen upon being turned off or is it on start up too?

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-25-2002 12:52 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll need a time delay relay that has an off range suitable for your use. I use the Dayton 6X602F. Do make sure your exhaust ran runs off of 110V if you want to use that particular model.

It will be an instant on and an adjustable delay off. So assuming you wire the relay into a standard "light switch", you flip the switch up when you are powering up the booth and the fan comes on immediately. Then at the end of the day, you flip the switch off when you turn off the breakers (make sure to leave the exhaust breaker on all the time), and the relay will count down 5, 10 minutes or whatever you have preset the delay to.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-25-2002 02:19 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!

Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2002 10:09 PM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leave the exhaust on all the time? The breaker on the SLC console controls the intake, exhaust, and heat sink fans, it's wired to 120VAC and is rated 20A.

I am confused because a local guy said I would have to create a new circuit and depress a button to actuate the relay..then turn the breaker off. I was just hoping for a relay I could piggy tail off the breaker.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-25-2002 10:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Notice I did not say to leave the exhaust on all the time. I said to leave the exhaust breaker on all the time. Think about it for a second. If you have this relay trying to perform an automatic shut down after 10 minutes, how in the heck is it supposed to count down and keep the exhaust running if you turn off that breaker?

Depending on how your system is wired will depend on how your tech/electrician will wire in the relay. The relay I listed above is not designed for a momentary connection, but one that makes or breaks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: