Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Tone EQ CP500

Author Topic: Tone EQ CP500
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2002 06:44 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone.

A question about the "treble" and "bass" controls that are in the CP500 B-Chain menus.

Do they lower or raise the entire bass and high frequencies or the just boost the ends?

For example: the treble control will boost frequencies above, say, 10.000 or it boosts 500-20.000 in the same way?

Same for bass control

I hope it is clear...

Bye
Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-25-2002 07:43 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There purepose is to set the a ruffed in house curve before starting to use the 1/3 ocatve filters
Like most of that you should adjust unless you have a RTA and I notice in the background of your photo a THX monitor in which case it means you use a R2 and are certified by THX

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2002 04:38 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gordon,

Yes, one of our theater is THX certified but, *sigh*, it is not the one where I usually work!

Yes, our tech has an R2 RTA. But I would like to know a different thing. I've made a draw to explain better.
Can you say what is the effect of the tones in the draw? Line A or Line B?
http://www.cinematech.it/eqtones.gif

Thanks
Antonnio

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2002 06:07 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone that can help me?

Bye
Antonio

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-29-2002 06:18 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are standard bass treble control that raise the band in question and have a slope to them the numbers I am not sure of

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2002 06:47 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So they have a slope, they're not flat???

Bye
Antonio

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-29-2002 09:05 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No filter is flat if one wants to take it too the electronic extreme a bass and treble control is realy nothing more than a parametric eq with a very wide Q factor

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: