Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Automations CA-21 (Pennywise/Christie)

Author Topic: Automations CA-21 (Pennywise/Christie)
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-24-2002 05:46 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Topic started in thread entitled "Can Anyone Top Us?"

Mark (at Pennywise in Australia) informed me that the rack- or console-mounted automations take a different EPROM, but I think he was referring to the type of EPROM and not its capabilities. I will ask him to clarify that, just in case.

------------------
And, hey! Let's be careful out there.

~Manny.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-24-2002 07:42 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't they the same automation, but just differ in the way they mount? I don't see how the capabilities would be different at all or even why they would need a different EPROM. Someone somewhere has been fed bad information. Curious.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-24-2002 09:55 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe...here's an excerpt from the email I got from Pennywise...

Begin Quote...

Yes we do still have some records that mention your software. It seems that the date of the last software sent to you would have been 5-Dec-98. I think the 5th would have been mentioned on the PROM label as well as Dec-98.

It would be possible to send you six further PROMs but they will have to be different to suit your rack (console) mount CA21's. There will be a small cost for these PROMs.

I need to know exactly what type of rack mount CA21's you have. If you check the back of the CA21 you will see a serial number/type label with "CA21 Cinema Automation" at the top. Can you you please tell me the hand written S/N and TYPE information from this label.

End Quote

------------------
And, hey! Let's be careful out there.

~Manny.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-25-2002 01:34 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were Pennywise, I'd design it so that all parts and functions are interchangable. They are, after all, the same automation are they not? I guess logical design is not always a priority.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: