Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Service on Eprad Sword in southern indiana

Author Topic: Service on Eprad Sword in southern indiana
Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2002 05:19 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following this forum for a long time, but this is my first post. So if I mess up protocol, please let me know.

I found a few threads on this forum that talked about tower systems, and there seems to be quite a bit of knowledge out there on them.

So do any of you know of a service tech or company in the south-eastern Indiana area that has the knowledge to service Swords?
Of maybe one of you could give me some advice on fixing them myself.

I own and operate a two screen theatre, running Swords in both.
I have had great luck with them. But lately one is experiencing problems. Here is one of the biggest:
1) One by one the automation circuit are not working. First the sound and now the lamp. I've had to wire up manual overrides.

Any ideas on this issue or on service techs in my area who could come take a look?

Thanks!
Tony Ratcliff

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-09-2002 07:14 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The automation section on many swords was the Eprad Co-operator
Check the microswitchs on the timing cams they can be replaced individually from most electronic wholesalers

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2002 02:39 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I'll check into them and give Grainger a call.

Tony

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-13-2002 06:14 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your best bet would be Newark Electronics

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2002 01:27 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,
I forgot to let you know that I did replace the relay in my Sword automation, and it is working fine now.

I greatly appreciate the advice!!!

Tony

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: