Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone got an EPRAD power supply manual?

Author Topic: Anyone got an EPRAD power supply manual?
Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 02:17 AM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am after a manual for the EPRAD 47702 XENON POWER SUPPLY manual .... can anyone help me?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 12:37 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.eprad.com

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 05:40 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.... already been there , but thanks anyway ..... they only have manuals for 'newer' equipment online .... I've put in a request for them to e-mail me something ...... so I shall just have to wait and see now ...

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-21-2002 06:03 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can you provide some details what whatage and is it 3 or single phase
Does it have a knob on the top of the unit to the right for current control or a multi position selector switch on the front

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 06:47 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon, thanks so much for taking an interest ....

It is an EPRAD 47702 RECTIFIER. It is a model 3-phase, stating 414VAC input. It has a large 3-gang variable resistor, with the knob on the top at the right hand side, when viewed from the front. (I am in Australia with 240V power ... how does it arrive at 414 input?) The only other controls are a couple of fault reset button on the front panel. On the 3-phase input, it runs the 3 actives & an earth, but no neutral. (?) Also Gordon, is there a document you might suggest that fully explains the operation and theory of xenon lamps and there power supplies? Thanks again.

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 06:49 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops .... it is rated as 8 amps on the input,
with output being 0 - 35VDC , 80 amps max

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-21-2002 08:59 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the schematic for it but it is a big faded E size blueprint
Basically there is an autotransformer on 2 of the 3 input phases to control the output
There is a very efficient step down transformer with a reactor in serries with it and a filter cap
The boost supply is seperate and is on a timer that switchs it off line

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2002 04:47 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt
What is your problem? I have had some experience with this type of rectifier, 3 phase power here is around 415 volts between phases 240 from any phase to the nuetral.
The last one I worked on I had to replace the auto transformer,
I found one from a local supplier.
You can call me in Melb on 03 59683992 and I can assist you in real time with any questions you may want to ask.

ps.
I have a circuit for it also,

Regards.

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-22-2002 04:43 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of them around here the auto transformer was made by Staco

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2002 04:59 PM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thats what I took out Gordon, but there were no spares down here, so the replacement off the shelf unit was fitted,this was some 18 months ago and is still performing A1.
Stan

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2002 08:26 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon or Stan ...... or anyone who can help .....

I have tested the outputs of the three-gang auto-transformer , and I get between 200 - 300 volts out of each onem measured between terminals 2(neutral) and 3(active).

Out of the the three-phase transformer, I get 20-30V from each one, and with the small boost supply wires dis-connected from the main DC output, I get around 80V un-loaded. Testing the boost supply output separately reads around 90V at switch-on, then ramps up to 180V and stays there. Someone has replaced the original relay/reed switch combo with just a resistor at some stage .... how does this work? Also, The lamp-house igniter seems to function fine .....

What I have on the indicators on the rectifier is a yellow fault light, marked IGNITER OR XENON LAMP...... BUT, I ran this lamphouse this morning on one of our IREM rectifiers, and it fired up fine ..... so, any ideas????? ***cries for help***

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-23-2002 09:04 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Test the output diodes
It is possible that the actual D.C. out is at fault

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gordon ..... I already pulled out the diode block and tested each one on its own with a multi-meter .... and they all read fine
Does everything else I said in the last post sound right?

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-29-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2319 days since the last post.

Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also in need of a Eprad 47300 manual. Anyone?

Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: