Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » GAUMONT BELL & HOWELL model 609

Author Topic: GAUMONT BELL & HOWELL model 609
Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2002 10:58 PM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 pairs of GAUMONT B&H 609s, one good pair, one not so good.I need service/parts manuals for these, and a circuit for the British sound system.
I hope to be able to use them in a months time for a drive in movie show for puffing billy steam train here in Melbourne, to raise some funds for restoration work.
They are fitted with Kalee universal lamp houses, These are a great machine for this type of work,and IMHO have better light output than your fancy xenon machines, but then I have a biased view on this subject.

Does anyone have further comments on these machines.

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2002 10:37 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stan:

My buddy Daryl Lund at the Chehalis Theater has an EXCELLENT copy of the service manual for this model. Contact him at DJLund1979@aol.com and tell him I sent you.

David Kilderry
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2002 03:08 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage   Email David Kilderry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

..................or you could go a late model Bell and Howell with a Gemini lamp and a tower system! Easy to move, no tips dropping off, no changeovers, steady light, no big power supply etc etc.

I agree with you on the romance of it all Stan, but the less I have to haul around the better.

Regards,

David

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2002 04:03 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DAVID! shame on you, suggesting that a gemini would would replace a real light source,I suggest I supply the plant for paddock 2, carbon of course.

Would you please give me a call soon as pos.
Regards
Stan

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: