Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trailer flange / winder for Strong MUT (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Trailer flange / winder for Strong MUT
Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2002 09:38 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if anyone makes a trailer flange for winding trailers on a strong MUT? Or perhaps a split reel meant for trailer cores that will work on a Strong MUT?

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-28-2002 09:51 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Neumade does. It is kind of like a small split reel.

I wish Strong International would make a table spindle like the old CFS Mut's. The spindle was keyed just like the spindles were on the upper and lower reel spindles in the magazines and old Goldberg electric rewinds of years past. One spindle fits all.

Neumade made a keyed adapter to fit those spindles, and that is all you would need. Any preview core would fit them without a bunch of cheezy adapters needed to make it fit.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-28-2002 10:02 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong does indeed have a trailer flange for use with their MUT...it uses those large holes in the drive spindles to power it...it is large too so even a whole reel may be loaded.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2002 10:05 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2002 11:42 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I drilled two holes in a regular trailer flange and attached a little piece of aluminum bar to the bottom or the flange to contact the side of the spindle on the MUT. The only disadvantage is you have to remove the dog from the spindle to use it.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-18-2002 11:38 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tired of handling those pesky previews? Here is a sure fire way to do it.

Pictures taken by Adam Wilbert.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2002 06:11 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong already makes the adapter. It's called "MAKE-UP TABLE ADAPTER PLATE" and comes in two styles depending on the type of reel drive plate your table has. Early style (rectangular) drive plates order #3931, whereas current style (round) drive plates order #3930. This info is detailed in Product Information Bulletin #3915.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 08-19-2002 08:21 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's the young lady Paul?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-19-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul are you holding out on us?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-19-2002 08:43 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cute, isn't she?

Actually, she is one of our assistant managers. Very pleasent personality, too.

She was laughing quite hard when we were doing this spoof, especially when I was beating the film down with the orange tube.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-21-2002 11:03 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok paul we have the girl issue cleared up and I see the mandatory bottle of film guard on the make up table but why is the WD40 present?

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2002 11:08 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And let's not overlook the famed 'weenie' hangin from his mouth!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-21-2002 11:23 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we all know how much Paul likes to use WD-40 in the booth!

WD-40 fixes _everything_ --even DTS units. Just ask Joe.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-28-2002 06:49 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I tried to do everything wrong when I did these pictures. Notice the splicer shear bar is open? Notice the splicer is also open? (both no-no's.) Notice all the crap on the MUT? Notice I was dragging the film over the edge of the table? You can't help but notice I was beating the convolutions down when it telescopes.

The only thing I wanted to show that "IS RIGHT" was the presence of a bottle of Film-Guard.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2002 07:07 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon paul, you know having Jessica around is also the right way to do things.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: