Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Sat night Chat

Author Topic: Sat night Chat
Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-26-2002 02:24 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sat night chat at 930 eastern we haven't had one for a while

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2002 03:58 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to attend. Ky is out of town this week so I may have to babysit the theatre this evening because we are doing good business.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2002 09:54 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am guessing that the chat is done and over, but I wasn't able to access the chat room. With Netscape (both 4.78 and 6.02) the java applet wouldn't finish loading, and with internet explorer, It said that I was behind a firewall, I was not connected to the net, or the chat sever was down. I have never had a problem accessing the chat before. Anyone else have any problems or know why I encountered this?

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2002 10:05 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chat server was real flaky tonight.
We would type stuff and it was like nobody was listening.
We all sort of gave up.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-26-2002 10:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We are looking into a better program. Hopefully we can upgrade to something that will run on our own servers soon.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-28-2002 04:43 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
...and viola, we now have a new chat program that I by some minor miracle was able to figure out how to configure to show if anyone is online on the front page.

For those who feel like chatting, just log onto the chat room when you first come to the site. The chat room will open up in it's own dedicated window where you can log in...then just minimize the screen. At that point the frame on the left will notify you when someone else enters. Hopefully this will help people to get chats going better instead of always having to do a planned chat.

Please check it out and email me if you have any problems or recommendations and I'll do what I can.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2002 11:15 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I really like the new chat system. It's pretty slick.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2002 11:25 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyway, with the new program to have an indicator when someone else posts? a little sound or something of that nature? either way, it seems wo be working well. i thin kwith the users online window, the chatroom will get used more often.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: