Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Other uses for Film-Guard

Author Topic: Other uses for Film-Guard
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-22-2002 06:17 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a print the other day which had been marked with those automation cues that are a bar code printed on a white label.

Whoever invented THAT system should be shot, but that's beside the point.

I tried to peel off the label but of course it left a bunch of sticky gunk behind. On a whim I squirted a few drops of Film-Guard on it, and a few wipes with a paper towel later, the print was spotless.

Waytago, FG! Anybody else find any different uses for it? Maybe it'll take gum off the floor...

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-22-2002 08:06 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have yet to try it in a Maartini, but I hear it goes well with Hampster.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-22-2002 09:17 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FG is great for removing adhesives of any kind, even aged-on-for-years masking tape comes off relatively easily after a brief soaking-in period. Also good for removing stickers and splice tape residues.

-Aaron

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2002 01:36 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also use it to clean around the reel changes when I build used prints. You know how they always have tons of fingerprints and dirt on them. I actually use lens tissue to be a gentle as possible with the film.

------------------
This one time, at Projection Camp, I stuck a xenon bulb....

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 01-23-2002 05:49 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It works great for taking showers with when you run out of soap. It also can be used as a shampoo/conditioner in one. You can leave the house with the fresh scent of Film Guard.

Note to Bob: By adding Film Guard, I guess it could no longer be a dirty Maartini. (OK Im sorry for that one)
------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2002 06:06 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken, I also use it to clean used prints at reel changes! FG is also great for removing Liquid Paper/White Out that the studios LOVE to use !

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-23-2002 07:40 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ethan, Just for kicks I added some to my Maartini.....The onions disappeared and the glass melted. I had to lick my fingers.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-23-2002 08:59 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you put FilmGuard in your martini you'll still wake up with a headache in the morning but at least your vision will be clear!

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-24-2002 05:02 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feed it to my hampster; it helps for a nice shiny coat. Also works great as lotion....nice and smooth.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2002 05:36 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course Bruce likes to just drink it straight up. I prefer it on the rocks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: