Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Simplex part number conversions

Author Topic: Simplex part number conversions
John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-19-2002 10:55 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some cross reference for Simplex part numbers? For example, I'm looking for the part number for the shaft holding the feed sprocket roller (the one on the right.) It's part number is P-1449. I have several shafts in our parts bin, but they all have numbers like 5440168.

Is there an "old to new" reference? Thanks.....

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-19-2002 11:17 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, The Simplex parts Price list from Strong. It has both numbers in it and you look it up by the old PN. Same goes for Ballantoon and Century.
Mark @ GTS

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-20-2002 12:12 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, but it's not one of the parts lists avaible in the "Manuals" section is it? I looked at them and none had the newer numbers.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-20-2002 02:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

The problem is that you have the Simplex numbers (and those are the only real numbers) and the Strong bin numbers (the bin they pull the part out from). I wouldn't get too married to the Strong number since it could change with time. When we order parts, we have both numbers on the PO if it is comming from Strong and the Simplex (or Century) number is placed on the parts bag upon check in.

I believe that Strong is getting pretty good about putting both numbers on their packing list.

Unfortunately, some numbers are only Strong's bin number or when more than one projector shares a part, they use whomever used the part first's number. On the current turret, you have a Simplex and Century mix on the numbers as you go through it piece by piece.

Strong has gone back through some of the bin numbers and assigned Genuine Simplex style numbers to them (mostly the above P-10000 numbers).

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2002 07:32 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

I thinkI have something that will help you, The bin #'s that Steve
is refering to will be listed next to the part # used in the manual.I will try to find it when I get home on friday.

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2002 10:48 PM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya;

We do have the Parts Lists available in EXCEL spreadsheets with both the original reference numbers (G-XXXX, P-XXXX, etc.) and their computer code parts numbers (the 52-XXXXX, etc.). You can then easily FIND the code you're looking for and the part. The Parts Lists are on our CDROM with the manuals, or we can email them to you.

Pat

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-25-2002 10:35 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat;

Got the parts lists.. wow, there's a lot of numbers! It's great having it in a spreadsheet, because I can sort it by the 52-XXXXX number or by the G-XXXX/ P-XXXX numbers.

This is a big help, thanks!

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2002 12:12 PM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, John. Have fun...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: