Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Just What Does 'INTREGRITY INSPECTED' Mean?

Author Topic: Just What Does 'INTREGRITY INSPECTED' Mean?
Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2002 11:53 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got my print of K-PAX (Second Run)this week. According to the sticker it had been 'Integrity Inspected' about 5 days before my playdate by "Gwen". Only one problem..... Seems there was about 7 minutes at the end of Reel 6 completely missing!

When I complained to Technicolor about this lack of integrity, I was told that what the sticker means is that they only look at the first 200 feet of the first reel. The standard line is "that all the studio will pay for".

I can't help but wonder what the studios are really paying for vs. what they are getting and whether Technicolor is prehaps billing the studios for services which are never performed.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-13-2002 12:18 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What does it mean? Nothing. Mine as well not even bother.

Check out the review of TES in the reviews section here. Also, according to someone who used to be an integrity inspector, that number is not the first 200 feet, but the first 20 feet.

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2002 03:50 AM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coincidentally we had the same thing happen with a print of K-PAX, except it has the inspected stickers on each band, but all heads and tail leaders were put on with a very cheap, oozy masking tape. Most of the head and tail leaders were either on backward or had the soundtrack flipped. Did someone say they inspect about 20 feet? Don't think so!

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-14-2002 10:15 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means the sticker was applied by Gwen, nothing more.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2002 09:27 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means some doufus named Gwen at Technicolor opend up the shipping can and said, "yup, looks like a movie in there." i think that is about all an integrity inspection consists of. and that is on a good day!

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-15-2002 10:04 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is there is no "Gwen" it is one of a few generic names they use on the labels. i.e. Gwen, Bill, Joe, Bob , Kate, Meg...so forth and so on.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-15-2002 10:52 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing: I think by inspection they just mean "verify the film is there." Scratches or other damage (even missing footage) don't seem to matter.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-16-2002 01:17 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob wrote: "My guess is there is no "Gwen" it is one of a few generic names they use...."

A few years ago, a friend got a form letter saying something like:

Dear Pat;

Having a Visa credit card is one of the most useful things you could have. We only offer the Visa card to exceptional individuals such as yourself, and look forward to providing you with credit services.

Regards,

Fred Thomson, Credit Services"

(end)

So my friend called Visa to thank Freddie for honoring him with a very hard to get application for a Visa credit card. (He was determined to say on the line until they either got Freddie, or admitted there was no such person.) It took about 30 min until they finally admitted the guy was fake.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: