Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Lumex Lamphouse Problem

Author Topic: Lumex Lamphouse Problem
Michael Elam
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2001 06:31 PM      Profile for Michael Elam   Email Michael Elam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Won't strike, all of the blowers are running,interlocks ok, voltage
at 5 and 6 as required, the neon glow light...lights up but doesn't
strike. No load is as required. Any ideas????

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-29-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably the Small Square HV transofomer on the control card or the SCR has failed

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 11-19-2004 10:34 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1056 days since the last post.

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2004 10:34 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Lumex lamphouse (Model 65001) and it does not have the "light cone" that attaches to the front, funneling the light through the shutter assy on the projector head. I need the 3.5" model...can I make one out of sheet metal ducting and tin snips? Any suggestions on this (like a diagram or specs)? An actual new stock replacement part for this runs between $30-$40 and I could really use every penny at this time. Thanks.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-19-2004 11:39 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just cut a (large) coffee can the length you want and stick it in the gap... or buy a piece of duct as big around as the lamphouse hole or bigger and cut it to length.
The cone (snood?) mostly stops stray light, but should be metal to keep any flying lamp parts inside if a lamp explodes.
Making a cone from sheet metal is of course possible. The basic outline development for a truncated cone is shown here http://www.tpub.com/content/draftsman/14040/css/14040_138.htm (you can page back and forth to get to the text bits).
Doing the flange and the little stop clips so it mounts like the Strong one would be quite tricky.
You can use metal duct sealing tape to attach something to the front plate; cloth duct tape won't handle the heat. The metal stuff lasts pretty much forever.

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2004 10:37 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dave...I measured the diameter of the lamphouse opening (6") and the entry through the shutter guard (on a Century "C" projector...3 3/4") and the length is 3 1/2" so I will proceed with snips and sheet metal and aluminum duct tape. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: