Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SRO Commander Automation

Author Topic: SRO Commander Automation
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-15-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I obtained a custom automation manufactured exclusively for SRO (Sterling Recreational Organization) by Raven Labratories. It is called "SRO Commander". Has anyone worked with these units? Does anyone know where I can obtain a schematic of these units? On a web search, I could not find any links to Raven Labs, other than some medical links. I am not sure if they exist anymore.

I will send a picture of the unit to Brad in hopes he will add it to this post.

Thanks

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-15-2001 11:35 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Try contacting Mackisoc Engineering. They have taken over where
Raven left off. The guys name is Noel Mackisoc
Address is 40 Trinity St - Newton, N.J. 07860
Phone numbers are.....
973-579-1139
973-579-2197 Fax

Gord Mcleod introduced me to him at Showest last year. He's a real nice guy and I'm sure he'll help you out in any way he can.
Mark @ GTS

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2001 11:48 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul:

The Raven Commander 1 automation manual is already on the manuals download page here at film-tech. Mackisoc also has the EDLO automation/sound system parts/service.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-15-2001 12:07 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The commander was originally designed for Walter Read theatres
Most were a gold coloured box and it was designed for changeovers
The design uses a simple ULT timmer circuit
outside of relays the usualy failure was the UJT or the SCR in the timer
Replace the UJT with one that has a slightly higher voltage is a good idea

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-16-2001 03:14 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure if the PDF file in the Manuals section is the right one. It didn't have pictures of it. In reading that PDF file, there was a few things that didn't seem to match with what I have. Is it the right manual?

Paul

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2001 12:20 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul:
That looks exactly like the Commander sitting on the floor at Shelton in the corner of the booth.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-16-2001 12:20 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That particular wall mount one (not sure on that remote box under it is basically the same as the standard raven pac1
Some where I have the blue print for the wireing harness in it but it is a 48x36" old faded print
What is the unit failing to do

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-16-2001 02:54 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken:

Guess what? it was..... I swapped it for the trip, labor, and road expenses when made one good platter motor out of three when I went to Shelton. The owner even gave me a free wheenie (hot dog, that is...) when I left.

Gordon, if you could locate the blueprint and make a copy of it, I'll be more than happy to buy the copy.

Basically, I picked this up as a toy to play with, and to put it back together to see if I can make it work. If I can get it working, I know where there is a wall it can be affixed to.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-16-2001 03:17 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
paul email me the snail mail address and after the holiday hangovers remind me and I will get it copied and sent no charge

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-16-2001 03:36 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Gordon. Happy holidays to you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: