Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Monsters Inc. Out-takes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Monsters Inc. Out-takes
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2001 09:33 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw a TV ad tonight announcing out-takes will be shown on Monsters, Inc. beginning 12/7/2001.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-05-2001 10:18 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, now thats a real marketing ploy! Even I'd have to go see it again I suppose.
MArk @ GTS

Paul Harnden
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for Paul Harnden   Email Paul Harnden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I'd think I would wait for the DVD with everything to come out. it was a great movie but i don't want to see it again just for outtakes. I was pretty amused with the Harry Potter charades trailer, always cracks me up when I pass by it playing in the lobby.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2001 07:10 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of A Bugs Life when we received a new last reel after a few weeks run, with new out-takes. The plan was for a new press ad campaign stating 'brand new out-takes' or something. I don't see that as any incentive for going to see a film again just for the new out-takes but it was a change for the staff to see something different on the credits. What a waste of money though, and time.

Paul Harnden
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2001 11:28 PM      Profile for Paul Harnden   Email Paul Harnden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it's targeted for those two or three people who have nothing better to do than to fork out five to eight bucks to go see the same movie but with different credits. Why couldn't they just wait until the DVD comes out and push it on there as a special feature? Oh well.....

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2001 07:32 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Confirmed per newspaper ads this morning.

Don't look for this "re-release" to stick around long unless you're running a megaplex. All the Xmas product coming up means something's got to give -- and the Monsters are that something.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 12-08-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got it (new R5 of Monsters w/ new DTS "B" disc.) Came on a core and most theaters don't have a split reel, so there will be some fun there.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 12-08-2001 03:12 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ALL theatres have split reels! Some just don't know it! Simply take a reel out of the TES film can of your choice, gently pull on the halves, and voila! Split reel!

hehehe

-Aaron

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2001 05:29 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron is right. That's what I had to do. I frickin hate that! Why can't they frickin send the replacement reel on a frickin reel??

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-08-2001 05:34 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand why this bothers so many people. I think the US is just about the only place where film DOES come on reels. Besides, most of the TES reels don't stay together anyway, so everyone should be used to handling film on cores by now.

Ben Stephenson
Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2002 06:00 PM      Profile for Ben Stephenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got Monsters inc on DLP and there are out takes and very funny but the early 35mm copy (got it 8 weeks early) didnt have any!

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 01-25-2002 04:47 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working in an art house that runs lots of foreign film festivals, we are used to films on cores, films NOT on cores (even a split reel is of little help when there is nothing but the end of the film in the center of the roll) and film -- in 1000ft rolls -- no cores, wrapped like sandwiches in Italian newspaper.

All this is usually shipped in banged and battered cardboard boxes, not in film shipping cans. Some boxes are hardly boxes at all, just pieces of cardboard around which yard and yards of shipping tape is wrapped. Rolls of film on cores nicely packed in a FedEx a shipping box -- heck, we consider that high-tech!

Ben Stephenson
Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2002 01:30 PM      Profile for Ben Stephenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the DLP someone comes out spends 5/6 hrs putting the film on the hard drive and all we have to do is press 'play'

Its a hard life

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2002 04:30 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a remote control, too?

Ben Stephenson
Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2002 04:38 PM      Profile for Ben Stephenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No but not for lack of trying, you can pause, ffwed, rewind and there is a recored button (never tryed that 1 yet)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: