Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA 150 vs. 200

Author Topic: CNA 150 vs. 200
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2001 01:14 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last theatre had the CNA 150, and I learned the ins and outs quite well. I really like it. I can't imagine a need for anything else. I have never used, or even seen in person, the 200. Can anyone who has used both offer a side-by-side comparison. Why would I want to spend the extra money (at least I'm assuming it costs more if it has more features) on the 200? thx!!

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 11-23-2001 05:41 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CNA 150 is the grandchild of the Eprad Utilimation and is a good unit. I personally have not used or sold the CNA 200. We basically feel the Pennywise is more flexible and the newer version CA-21 CAPIO unit comes in the same price range of the CNA 150.
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-23-2001 05:51 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CNA-200 gives you the LCD screen and times where the cues should be. That is, if a cue is missed or out of place, it will tell you and insert the cue at the proper place anyway. By keeping your cues in good shape, when previews are serviced, the show can be relearned and properly timed again.

I have not personally sold the CNA-200...we have been satisfied with the CNA-100 for those houses needing automation and platter. The CNA-150 having the timer feature that would appeal so some. I believe the CNA-150 came about as a Regal spec to have a lower price point than the CNA-200 but the features Regal (and most chains) would want.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2001 10:24 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it only places the cue there if you take it off of LEARN MODE.
Then it will ignore all other cues and just do whatever the cue is supposed to do at the time it did it last time.
I have never had one insert a cue when one has been missed.
I have either had to replace the cue or lower the failsafe so it will read them better.

I wouldnt want to use the timer function on it though.
These units dont seem to keep time very well.
I can set all the clocks tomorrow, and within two weeks, most of them will be off by 5 or more minutes.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, with the right software version, the CNA 150 also has the Cue Learn Mode. So right now the only difference I see is the LCD screen. Wow. Big deal. If it were my money, I'd stick with the 150.

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2001 04:31 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use the CNA-100 in Japan, the 150 in the states & I never had a problem with these units except for operator or technican error, I think the LCD screen could be a wee bit larger on the 150 but overall I have found these units to be easy to program, easy to troubleshoot, & I love the CNA host unit to send the programs to all screens without going to each unit to program....I use the CA-21 automation & countless others, the CNA automations to me is the best I ever had to install & maintain....there's my two cents worth !!

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2001 06:20 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,

Steve is correct the 150 is a 100+ and a 200-, it is the best of both worlds so to speak. The 200 has a few more program features but in day to day use the normal theatres have no need for the 200.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: