Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Looking for Manual: LPB AM Radio Transmitter

Author Topic: Looking for Manual: LPB AM Radio Transmitter
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2001 10:16 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got an older model LPB AM transmitter (similar to the one Ken Layton has posted in the pic warehouse @ the Skyline Drive-In).

It has two beige colored cubes that mount to the wall and have various runs of coax between them. I would like to reuse this transmitter at our theatre, but I don't have a manual for it to reinstall it.
I will post model numbers as asson as I get the chance.
Any help would be great

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Nashville, Tennessee
(Drive-In Theatre - Start-Up)

|  IP: Logged

Tom Sauter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2001 02:34 PM      Profile for Tom Sauter   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Sauter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a look around this weekend if you post the model number...those were a pretty common item at college radio stations and the like.

LPB is available on line at www.lpbinc.com

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2001 04:38 PM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One "cube" is the transmitter. You can identify this one becuase it has a multimeter inside that allows you to look at collector voltage, current, etc. It's got a power cord sticking out one end and a piece of coax sticking out the other. It might also have an old piece of audio cable dangling. Anyway, it's got three connections...power, audio and RF out. The coax goes to the second unit, which is the coupling circuit that matches the RF output from box #1 to your AC power line or antenna, depending on which model you have. It connects via coax to the transmitter. If it's an AC coupler, there are three large orange capacitors inside which probably connect to another plug. This plug is actually what connects the LPB combination to the power lines. I've worked on these things for years at local schools and they're fairly simple and reliable. I'll see if I have the schematics around somewhere.

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Barry what is the update on your drive-in?

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2001 09:20 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See my comments on the thread - "Headlights - Contrast Killers"

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Nashville, Tennessee
(Drive-In Theatre - Start-Up)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: