Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with Power Supply and lamp house

Author Topic: Help with Power Supply and lamp house
Michael Castronovo
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 12:42 AM      Profile for Michael Castronovo   Email Michael Castronovo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello all
i am having some problem finding manuals for these items:

-Xetron power supply. Model X1 Type 100
-Strong Lume-X Model 65000-5 Lamp House.

any help would be appreciated.....also if anyone can give me some info on the power supply (is it good or bad) i would also be greatful.
thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 09:10 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Lume-x manual is already here on film-tech on the manuals page. The Xetron power supply is a single phase unit as denoted by the "X1" part of the model number. Sometimes Xetron had several different model power supply schematics/parts lists inserted with lamphouse manuals.

The Xetron power supplies are made by IREM in Italy. IREM/Xetron power supplies were also distributed with Cinemeccanica lamphouses which were distributed in the USA by Xetron!

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 02:37 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact Bob Maar (Joke-A-Thon) at Neumade. They are a distributor for IREM. He may be able to get your needed book.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-29-2001 04:13 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If its one of the supplies with the big wheel on the top to adjust the current, they are a very good supply. However they do not always supply enough no-load voltage to properly make Strong (and some other) lamps ignite, and modifications have to be made to the igniter boards in the lamphouse. I believe Gordon has the info you seek in that regard.

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: