Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CineAsia

Author Topic: CineAsia
Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-27-2001 11:24 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It appears that the CineAsia convention scheduled for Bangkok has been canceled due to the reluctance of American companies to travel at this time......next chance for our Asian and Pan Pacific friends can get together will be ShowWest.........
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

|  IP: Logged

Ray Derrick
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2001 01:40 AM      Profile for Ray Derrick   Email Ray Derrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know Norm Schneider (Smart Devices) is still going, show or no show. Norm is going to the use the opportunity to see the sights around Thailand. It is nice to see at least one person has some guts and has not been frightened into submission by those terrorist ratbags. Good on you Norm!

------------------
Ray Derrick
President
Panalogic Corporation Pty Limited
44 Carrington Road
Castle Hill NSW 2154
Australia
Phone: 61 (0)2 9894 6655
Fax: 61 (0)2 9894 6935

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-28-2001 03:34 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have known Norm for 30 years...when he was "Mr. JBL" of the Southeastern United States and helped that company create some decent cinema speaker products at the time to compete with "King ALTEC".He is a born salesman and and unafraid to try something different......during his trip he will probably sell more Smart and PanaStereo products out of his suitcase than he would have at the tradeshow.......
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Larry Shaw
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 09:25 AM      Profile for Larry Shaw   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It strikes me as pretty weaselly for the show to be cancelled because some US companies are afraid to travel. What about all the non-US participants, or the not afraid-to-travel folks? Why should they have to suffer? Sounds like a "take my ball and bat and go home" situation, if Richard's reason is correct. Or is Cine-Asia actually just the "USA cine-stuff show"?

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 01:06 PM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi;

I'll probably be over there as well during that time frame. Now I just get to visit a few extra countries instead of meeting those people in Bangkok. Works for me...

Pat

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: