Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Turret logic

Author Topic: Christie Turret logic
Heyward Garner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2001 10:58 PM      Profile for Heyward Garner   Email Heyward Garner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to know from anyone using Christie machines at least 4 years of age... I have just had 5 turret control logics crap out on me... Almost all simultaneus. I had two replaced, then three more are going bad one after another. I need to know if this is a Christie trend, or if it is hap chance and just my machines... Any helpful tips are appreciated!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2001 11:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What year are your machines? Has anything been done to your building (new additions)?

(F.Y.I. I've yet to ever see a Christie turret fail.)

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 12:46 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hayward, I agree with Brad, I never had a Christie turrent control board go bad & I installed at lease 300 christie projectors in the USA & Japan, I was at a theatre here in Japan doing the THX re-cert. & found (4) control board replace at the 14-plex, I ask the projection manager about this & what was wrong with them but he was just promoted to this position due to the other Proj.mgr. has moved on to better things....I have seen & adjusted the pots on the boards to control the timing of the scope & flat lens travel, but never had any problem with the units....but then too I only service the machines we install for the first year of sevice, I mainly do new installations & retrofits....I'm sure one on the guys here on the forum had this problem, I know I will be adding the info to my book..

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 12:55 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 6 Christie M35GP's that are 4 years old (installed October 1997) and the turrets have always worked just fine.

Brian Potts
Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 10:38 PM      Profile for Brian Potts   Email Brian Potts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like an operator problem to me.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-16-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had to replace three of them. Two of them were in the same place. I don't know why. Power line problems I'm guessing... but that is just a guess.

I'll keep a closer eye on things, though.

Heyward Garner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2001 01:45 AM      Profile for Heyward Garner   Email Heyward Garner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My machines are right at 4 years old... I have had power issues within other places of machinery, mostly with our convinience outlets (penthouse readers and slide projectors...) I too, until this recent little stint, had only had to adjust the flat/scope pots... Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Brad, there was a Stadium Seating refurbish approx. 2 years ago, but no additional auditoriums. The turrets themselves seem to be working quite properly. I am pleased with their abilities. The control boards, though... (TB4?) I'd have to look, but it's late. My tech had me replace two of them. Immediately following, I have three more act up. I will say that all three of them are rather sporadic, but causing controversy nonetheless. It could just be another damn ghost at my theatre... At least with all the problems we ALWAYS have going on(most of them not projection, thank God!) that would be the *logical* solution...

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-24-2001 02:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys,
Don't you all know that there is no logic at all to a Christie!!!
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: