Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SCDC rewind and payout cards

Author Topic: SCDC rewind and payout cards
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2001 06:32 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these cards meant to last forever, or ore they like batteries that lose power over time?
My theatre opened almost two years ago, and I recently had to replece two rewind cards; one in August and one this past week.
Weve also had problems with certain brains wrapping at the start of the show for what seems to be no reason (no operator error such as misthreading).
I replaced 5 of them yesterday and noticed that the little red LEDs on the new ones were brighter than the older ones (they were reflecting off the center rings).

I saved the ones I took out and was wondering if there is any way they can be repaired (or recharged?) or are they junk and I should throw them out?

Thanks,
James

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2001 06:48 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cards use LED's and the light output will decrease with time. It's possible that replacing the led's will fix them. The SCDC control plate modules have an EEPROM memory chip in it and they have been known to "lose" their program. There is a connector on the side of the module that with the correct cable and Strong's software program, you can reprogram them yourself.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: