Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The Princess Diaries

Author Topic: The Princess Diaries
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-09-2001 10:08 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Built our print on the weekend but it is without the Princess tribute spoken of earlier.

My question without notice is this...is it worth chasing this up or not? The print is brand new so no-one has just 'removed' it.

John

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2001 05:21 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've looked at this a few times and still can't tell what the hell the point is. Watching it with no sound, it looks like a trailer for "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", as that's what it says on the screen in big letters at the end. But that's not what it really is, I think. Disney always requires this stuff be shown without splicing in anything additional trailers, maybe it's different overseas.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2001 04:51 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really just an ad for the Snow White re-release, on DVD I think. I didn't find that the audience reacted to it much, or even cared, but disney might be picky.

John, do you have the international print? If so, disney might not be attaching the spot to that version.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-10-2001 09:40 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a local print. Brand new and nothing at all attached.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2001 05:55 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't say "Coming on DVD" or anything though; it just shows the 'princess' characters from various Disney films, with Snow White being the only one that actually gets its title on the screen. It still makes me go "Huh?"

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2001 01:44 AM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All that it is is a tribute to all the princesses that have been in the disney films. The big thing at the end of it with snow white and the seven dwarfs is just the one that started it all. you aren't missing anything by not having it.

------------------

http://www.autoramadrivein.com

come on out to the drive-in and spend a night out with the stars"
ME!!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-16-2001 10:59 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and no-one here in Aussie-land has even mentioned it (or probably know anything about it) so I'm not going to bother.

Thanks for all your input.

BTW: This film won't win any awards, but it was nice to see a Disney film I could actually take my kids to see! After Dinosaur (PG) Atlantis (PG) and that football thing with Denzel (PG) I was beginning to wonder where the next actual 'Kid's' film was coming from! Cats and Dogs is PG too!

Sheesh! Walt must be turning in his freezy chamber!

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2001 11:21 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While it may not be for the DVD specifically, Disney is releasing Snow White on DVD.

I'm not sure of when, but reservations are being taken at stores.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2001 06:44 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raise a champagne glass -- The Princess Diaries went over $100M in US/Canada this weekend. G in the States though it should have been a PG title IMHO.

John W: "That football thing with Denzel" also went over $100M Stateside and was called Remember the Titans.

"History is written by the winners".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: