Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone going to Great States Convention?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone going to Great States Convention??
Bob Cunningham
Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2001 04:57 PM      Profile for Bob Cunningham   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to know if anyone from this forum, is going to the Great States Convention??

------------------

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-26-2001 05:00 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there for that. I go every year. JOhn Eickoff also is usually there as well. It ahs been seemingly getting larger every year but as usual its the golf stuff that seems to take precedence over everything else.........?
Mark @ GTS

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2001 10:32 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not this year, but I probably will be going next year when it is back in Wisconsin.

Daryl Lund
Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for Daryl Lund   Email Daryl Lund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they have a web site? What are the dates?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-28-2001 01:58 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there. Have been going to this convention for 21 years and it keeps getting bigger and better. It's a lot easier to get "face time" with film people and company reps than it is at ShoWest (at least for us little town guys.)

Information about the convention is at the IME website (www.imeonline.com) Click on "industry news and specials."

Jack Johnston
Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2001 11:34 AM      Profile for Jack Johnston   Email Jack Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemeccanica US will be there with bells on! I look forward to meeting any/all attendees. My first visit to Montana, what should I expect???

James. R. Deeter
Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2001 01:54 PM      Profile for James. R. Deeter   Email James. R. Deeter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be attending for the first time also ! Look me up at the Source One Theatre Supply booth and say hello.

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2001 02:55 PM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya;

I'll be there as well, looking forward to it. Sounds like a pretty social event, overall.

Pat

Greg Borr
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2001 08:40 AM      Profile for Greg Borr   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Borr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ready Theatre Systems will be there, looking forward to it as I've never been to Montana and have always wanted to go, perfect opportunity!

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-29-2001 09:12 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ATTENTION ALL FIRST TIME VISITORS

Chances are good that you will be arrested and thrown into a "Mountain Dungeon". Fear not, no matter what they tell you, you will be given bread and water. People who live in Montana are Aliens pretending to be human. They will convert you.

The very instant you are converted, you will recall nothing about being in the "dungeon" and will think all is normal. But...is it?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-29-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,

Yes, it's a very strange dungeon in that once you're in it, you don't want to leave (I think it's something to do with the cool, crisp unpolluted air).

Also, if you run into someone in Montana who's acting strangely, more than likely they're a California transplant and aren't accustomed to the cool nights.

Bob Maar

- posted 08-29-2001 02:15 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike I'll bet you think everything is normal, but ask the following people who all claim they come from Montana:

Paul Breedlove - Texas Instruments

Ray Boegner - Strong International

Sean James - Christie, Inc.

Mark Smith - Big Sky Industries

Do you really think these folks are normal?

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 08-29-2001 03:08 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot Don Gallagher from Hollywood Theatre Supply......
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-29-2001 06:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob-

I don't know any of them except Mark S. (and him just barely) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

From past conventions, sometimes people tend to do unusual things, so anything could happpen!

Bob Maar

- posted 08-29-2001 08:12 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I did not include him because I did not know he was from Montana. I know Don so from now on I will include him. I will edit my post. Thanks to you .

MIKE : I hope you get to know them all, they do Montana Proud. They are all good people and they are some of the best in the industry. They like you do not realize they have been programed by aliens from another world. If you don't believe me, inundate Joe Redifer with e=mails.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: