Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP 500 not going to auto digital target.

Author Topic: CP 500 not going to auto digital target.
Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 02:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I have come across two CP 500s that do not go to the auto digital target. I know that both of these processors at one time worked right, ie when in was pulsed into SR, it then went to digital.

At the one theatre nobody even noticed that there was a problem.

At the other theatre they were punching it in manually.

Does anyone know what is causing this? And more importantly, how to get it to work right again.

PS yes both of them are still set up for the auto digital.

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 04:48 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A bunch where I work do that periodically- we're running a Will Rogers PSA that's only in analog, and I've seen it not auto-switch to digital when the next trailer comes on, they also like to start in digital (when the first trailer's in digital of course), then briefly not be able to read the signal and go into SR during the first second. I never trust anything that's automatic.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 05:51 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

Did you check if the "auto digital" is activated in the Cp500?

If I remember correctly the menu is the first when you press the "Menu" sk.
On your right you have "auto digital proj. 1" and "auto digital proj. 2".

If you have just one projector you should refer to "proj. 1".

Bye
Antonio

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 10:12 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin wrote:
"PS yes both of them are still set up for the auto digital."
-----

I'm sorry!

Antonio

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-12-2001 12:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Jesse, just change the wiring or programming on your automations so the CP500 will be pulsed into SRD at the douser open. I've seen that problem before and this always works.

Jonathan Haglund
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 04:46 PM      Profile for Jonathan Haglund   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan Haglund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing to check is if projector 1 (or 2?) is set as the digital target. It won't help to be set for auto digital if there is no target projector. I don't know the key sequence, but its somewhere it there. Just look for something that says "auto digital target"

-Jonathan

Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 04:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Changing the C.O. pulse was going to be my fix. For some reason the techs that installed these does the same at every theatre.

But I was curious if anyone knew why these were not switching. And how to get them to work right.

Resoldering every theatre will get very tiring after a while. I believe there is about 20 or so that I would have to resolder. The others can be changed with the automation.

Projector 1 is the target. I don't think anyone at the theatres were messing with this. At the one theatre there is a password enabled.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: