Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » People who take names and KICK A$$!!!

Author Topic: People who take names and KICK A$$!!!
Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-07-2001 09:12 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to somebody about this site recently. They asked me who are the people who come here to participate. I ended up telling them a few of the people but there just are so many people who come to these forums who do just that, when it comes to the movie biz...

They take names and kick ass!

I thought I'd just mention a couple people and say, THANKS!

Bill Purdy -- Component Engineering: Helped me get some new equipment for my old booth back at the college in Erie, PA. Many thanks! People tell me it's all still running great! Also thanks to the people there at the "shop" who have helped me over the phone with problems!

Karen Hultgren -- DTS: Answered a couple of questions via this site and over the phone. I don't think she knew it was me. I didn't realize until after I hung up, either. I case I didn't mention it then, Thanks!

John Pytlak -- Kodak: I don't know, but I bet he talks about SMPTE specs in his sleep! I could never remember all that stuff in a million years! Also, John answered some questions I had about a personal problem via e-mail last summer. ( Film allergies.) I don't know if I said, THANKS, loud enough.

Bob Maar -- Neumade: Faxed me some documents about splicers when I had some trouble convincing people to keep them in good repair. I have those sheets, Bob, and I make copies and pass them out whenever I need them, making note of the fact that they came from the President of the company!

There are probably about 100 more people that I could mention but can't remember right now. I don't mean to leave you all out, but I'll step off the podium here to give other people to add their $0.02 worth, if they want.

Man! I don't know where the list will end! There are so many people!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: