Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Basement Readers

Author Topic: Christie Basement Readers
Michael Elam
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2001 02:37 PM      Profile for Michael Elam   Email Michael Elam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a piece of junk!, I have spent hours on these but I can't get them to work the way they should, I also have problems in getting the 'left goal post' to show on the scope, any Christie basement readers experts out there?.....I don't want to call Christie, hell, they'll just lie to me anyway!

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-03-2001 03:32 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many variations to them. After playing with them enough last fall, I've gotten them to read 0-3 on the scale no problem. Which soundheads do you have? Do you have the short arms, long arms, center pivot? Does your led bracket have the dolby logo on them? etc, etc, etc.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 06-03-2001 03:42 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Christie give a damn about their readers or projectors anyways? They are obviously more interested in DLP, hell they even now answer the phone with "good afternoon, Christie DIGITAL..."(!!!) All i hope is they continue to support the AW3.

Rant off.

Aaron

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-03-2001 04:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually they have been making many improvements to their projectors recently. I'm not sure how much of it has been released publicly yet, but I've had the chance to play with some of their prototype upgrades and have been very pleased thus far.

I think they've pretty much got the basement reader problems licked, but you will probably need to have their newer parts to achieve really good results.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-03-2001 04:16 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad said "but you will probably need to have their newer parts to achieve really good results."
Does that mean Christie is the microsoft of projectors. Always having to buy the upgrade to make something work that should have in the first place

Michael Elam
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2001 04:34 PM      Profile for Michael Elam   Email Michael Elam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the long arms, Central Pivot, readers with Dolby on them, 'o' ring soundrum, regulator card...all the goodies that is suppose to be a fix, new LED and so on. I just can't get the left goal post to show up, and I can't get the LED's to light on the Cat 671 cards, I recently attended a seminar with Lonnie Jennings and thought it was a done deal, but it isn't.

Yea, Christie is like Microsoft, everything is a Upgrade to fix a previous problem at the customers expense. They do seem to be
trying but you have to make them do it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-03-2001 05:53 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Are all of your units like this, or just one pesky one? I'm surprised you are having problems with the upgrades. Have you contacted Bevan directly on this?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: